Chicken Caesar Burgers are a healthy, flavor packed version with all the favorites of a delicious Caesar salad in an easy to make burger.
Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
Freestyle™ SmartPoints™ New!
(6 Old SmartPoints™)
Chicken Caesar Burger Recipe
Chicken Burgers made with Caesar dressing will be your new favorites! These healthy burgers are made with lean ground chicken, Parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley, and a touch of Caeser dressing and come out moist and delicious every time. Serve them with some Baked Potato Chips or Crispy Turnip Fries.
Do you get tired of eating the same old, same old when it comes to burgers? Sure, it’s easy enough to change them up by changing the toppings, which is what I feel like most people do. And, while that’s all well and good, and certainly leaves you with plenty of options as far as taste is concerned, have you ever thought about the burger itself?
While it’s super easy to patty up some ground meat and throw it on the grill, it’s almost just as easy to add flavor right into the meat right before you make patties. Seriously, once I took my flavors from outside the burger to inside the burger, well, it was life changing. That opened up a whole new world of burgers to me. I could add nearly anything to the meat (so long as it didn’t impede the cooking of it) and then also add toppings after. It’s so exciting, really.
Eventually, that realization led me down the path to these Chicken Caesar Burgers. I found that these are the perfect way to switch up burger night or add a fun twist to any barbecue or gathering. Almost no one sees them coming either. “What is that you are making?” is the first comment I get, followed shortly after by “Omg these are amazing!” and then, “Can I have the recipe?” They have yet to let me down and are always the life of a cookout or dinner party.
These burgers are made with lean ground chicken, Parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley, lemon, and your favorite light Caesar dressing. I like to serve them up on toasty rolls (think croutons!) layered with lettuce, tomato, onion, and sprouts. No one would blame you either for melting some extra Parmesan on top.
Ways to Serve Chicken Caesar Burgers
You can always go the classic burger route, sure. But if you want to get even more creative, you might want to try:
- Making chicken Caesar meatballs. Same recipe, smaller rounds, different cooking time. You’ll put these on a greased, rimmed baking tray and pop them in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, depending on how large you’ve rolled your meatballs. Add these on top of pasta, inside a sub, or all on their own with a little more Parm sprinkled on top.
- Slicing a burger in half and add it to a wrap. Sometimes I do this when I’m out of hamburger buns, and sometimes I do it because who doesn’t love to eat things out of a tortilla?
- Cooking this up crumbled and sprinkle over or add to your favorite pasta dish.
- Making tiny little meatballs, cook them, then add them to an Italian soup like this Garden Minestrone Soup.
- Grilling up smaller burgers and put them on individual sliders. They make a great appetizer that way.
How Can I Customize Chicken Caesar Burgers?
Since I just went on and on about customizing your burgers, you’d better believe I have tweaked this recipe as well to make it suit my tastes for varying moods. Some ideas include:
- Using ground turkey or even lean ground beef.
- Swapping out the parsley for another herb, such as basil or thyme.
- Making your own Caesar dressing.
- If you don’t like Caesar, this would still be really yummy if made with a light ranch dressing or another light, cream-based dressing that you do like. A good option is these Healthy Turkey Ranch Burgers.
- Swap out the bun for a low-carb tortilla or another healthy wrap.
- Use panko if you don’t have breadcrumbs.
- Toppings are where you can really customize this burger. I like to top mine with romaine lettuce (because, Caesar has to have romaine, right?), a big hunk of tomato, red onion, and a little more Caesar dressing instead of mayo or another condiment.
What Makes These Chicken Caesar Burgers Healthy?
- Lean ground chicken is lower in fat and calories than a lot of other meats and it contains lots of protein which is necessary for building muscle and it keeps you feeling full — which reduces the chances you’ll reach for the chips later.
- Parmesan cheese is a low-calorie and fat hard cheese that is another good source of calcium and protein.
- Seasoned bread crumbs aren’t super healthy for you in and of themselves, but a little goes a long way and helps bind the chicken together so you don’t have to use a lot of other unhealthy ingredients like heavy oils.
- Light Caesar dressing is lower in calories and fat than the high-test stuff, and just as delicious!
- Garlic has anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties and it’s also great for your heart and immune system.
- Parsley is an often overlooked herb, but it’s really good for you. It is a great source of vitamin K, and has been shown to help ward off cancer, diabetes and bone disease.
- Lemon juice is great for your digestive system and also acts as a liver cleaner of sorts. It contains vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, and calcium as well.
- Worcestershire sauce actually has some beneficial properties. It, too, helps boost the immune system because it contains ample vitamin B6.
How Long Do I Grill Chicken Burgers?
These chicken burgers are done on the grill in no time. I put them over medium-high heat for about 5-7 minutes, and then flip when the first side is good and done. Then, cook the other side for another 5 minutes. Resist the urge to flip before the one side is cooked or it will stick to the grill and make a huge mess.