Learn How To Make Chettinad Chicken Curry Recipe, a South Indian Chicken Recipe by Chef Varun Inamdar. Make this delicious and spicy Chettinad Chicken Recipe in simple, quick and easy method, at your home and share your experience with us in the comments below.
½ kg Chicken, Curry cut
½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
1 tbsp. Lemon juice
Salt as required
2 tbsp. Sesame Oil
15 nos. Shallots (sliced)
Salt as required
3 sprigs curry leaves
For Chettinad Masala:-
1 tbsp. seasame oil
¼ cup fresh Coconut grated
2 nos. Bay leaves
3 tbsp. Coriander Seeds
6 nos.Red Chilli Bedgi
1 tbsp. Black Pepper
1 tsp. Cumin Seeds
1 tsp. Fennel Seeds
1 Green Cardamom
1 Black Cardamom
2 Black Stone Flowers
1 Star Anise
1 blade of Mace
1 inch piece Cinnamon
6-8 cloves of garlic
1 inch Ginger
1 tsp. Tamarind paste
Pinch of fenugreek seeds
Water as required
Corriander for garnishing
– Mix the curry cut chicken with lemon juice, turmeric powder and salt. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
The Chettinad Masala:-
– In a pan heat oil and add coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, black peppercorn, blades of mace, cloves, cinnamon stick, star anise, green cardamom and black cardamom. Saute while keeping the flame on moderate.
– Now add bay leaves, stone flower, garlic, dry red chillies and toast these spices till deep brown in colour.
– Transfer the roasted spices onto a plate and let it cool down to room temperature.
– In the same pan roast grated coconut on moderate flame until brown in colour and trasnfer onto a plate and let it cool down to room temperature.
– Once the roasted spices and cocont have cooled down, transfer them into a mixer/grinder and add fenugreek seeds, ginger, tamarind past and water. Grind everything to a fine paste.
– Heat oil in a pan and add shallots, curry leaves and saute on medium flame until shallots are golden brown.
– Now add the marinated chicken and turn the flame on high and saute for 2-3 minutes.
– Once the chicken has seared well, add the Chettinad Masala, water, salt and bring it to a boil.
– Lower the flame, cover with a lid and let it cook for 15-10 minutes.
– Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Chicken Chettinad is ready! HAPPY COOKING!!!
Host: Varun Inamdar
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Pratik Gamre, Akshay Sawant, Spandan Rout
Editing: Dinesh Shetty
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Pvt Ltd
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToGetCurried