Learn How To Make Spicy Saoji Chicken Recipe from Chef Archana Arte on Ruchkar Mejwani. Make this Nagpur Style Chicken Curry of सावजी चिकन, a Mahatastrian Chicken Recipe, in a simple, quick and easy method at your home and share your experience with us in the comments below.
4 tbsp. Oil
3 Onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp. Coriander seeds
2 Bay leaves
1 tsp. Mustard seeds
1 Star anise
3 Green cardamoms
1 Black cardamom
1 tsp. Caraway seeds
1 tbsp. Poppy seeds
1 tsp. Stone flower
7-8 Dry red chillies
2-inch piece of Cinnamon
10-12 Black pepper
3 tbsp. Dry coconut
1 tbsp. Ginger-garlic paste
2 tbsp. Sorghum flour
2 tbsp. Oil
750 gms. Chicken on the bone
– In a kadhai, fry onions in oil until it changes colour.
– Now add coriander seeds, bay leaves, mustard seeds, star anise, cloves, cardamoms, poppy seeds, stone flower, dry red chillies, cinnamon, black pepper and dry coconut. Roast thoroughly unti there is a change in the colour.
– Turn the flame off and let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
– Add ginger-garlic paste, water and grind well.
– Now add Sorghum flour, water and grind again to a paste.
– In another kadhai, take 2 tbsp. oil and sear the chicken in it.
– Add the masala paste, water, salt and mix thoroughly.
– Cover with a lid and cook for 20-25 minutes.
Saoji Chicken is ready to eat!
Host: Archana Arte
Director: Narayan Thakur
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Pratik Gamre, Akshay Sawant, Spandan Rout
Editing: Kishor Rai
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Pvt Ltd
Subscribe & Stay Tuned: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToRuchkarMejwani
For Facebook Updates: https://www.facebook.com/RuchkarMejwani
Join us on G+ : https://plus.google.com/u/0/108499039376892009441/posts